BRINGING SOLUTIONS TO COPE WITH FUEL VAPOR BUILD-UP IN HYBRID OR CLASSIC ICE CARS
The MLX90821 is a packaged and factory calibrated automotive relative pressure sensor IC with an analog and a SENT output that can be used in applications demanding very low pressures from 50 mbar up to 700 mbar in automotive harsh media applications such as fuel vapor.
The MLX90821 is the ideal solution for measuring very low pressures in applications requiring extended
mission profiles when high robustness is needed.
The same product can be used at 700 mbar to cope with the fuel vapor build-up in hybrid cars as 50 mbar, the classic range for fuel vapor in non-electrified powertrains.
Features and Benefits
- High accuracy relative pressure sensor
- Ratiometric analog output or digital SENT output with optional compensated ±1°C accurate NTC temperature information
- System in a package: MEMS, analog front end circuitry, 16 bit microcontroller, analog back end circuitry, voltage regulators
- Large automotive temperature range (-40°C to 150°C)
- Automotive qualified and automotive diagnostic features (clamping levels, broken track diagnostics, multiple internal fault diagnostics)
- Factory calibrated or fully programmable or reconfigurable through the connector for customized calibration curves
- Back side exposed relative pressure sensor for higher resistance to common automotive media
- Assembled in a robust easy to seal package
- Fuel vapor pressure sensor
- Crankcase ventilation pressure sensor
- Pressure sensor for filter monitoring