The Melexis MLX90615 is a miniature infrared thermometer for non-contact temperature measurements.
Both the IR sensitive thermopile detector chip and the signal conditioning ASIC are integrated in the same miniature TO-46 can.
With its small size, this infrared thermometer is especially suited for medical applications like ear or forehead thermometers or other applications where "small things make a big difference".
The infrared thermometer comes factory calibrated with a digital SMBus output giving full access to the measured temperature in the complete temperature range(s) with a resolution of 0.02 °C. The sensor achieves an accuracy of ±0.2°C within the relevant medical temperature range. The user can choose to configure the digital output to be PWM.
- Small size and low cost
- Factory calibrated in wide temperature range:
- -20 to 85°C for sensor temperature
- -40 to 115°C for object temperature
- High accuracy of 0.5°C over wide temperature range
(0..+50 C for both Ta and To)
- Medical accuracy of 0.2°C in a limited temperature range
available on request
- Measurement resolution of 0.02°C
- SMBus compatible digital interface for fast temperature readings and building sensor networks
- Customizable PWM output for continuous reading
- Embedded emissivity compensation
- 3V supply voltage
- Power saving mode
- Power-down supply current: typ. 1.1 µA
- Different package options for applications and measurement versatility
- Option code A: 100° FOV (Field Of View)
- Option Code G: 80° FOV
- TO-46 package (SG package)
- High precision non-contact temperature measurement
- Temperature sensing element for commercial and industrial building air conditioning
- Home appliances with temperature control
- Multiple zone temperature control, up to 127 sensors can be read via common 2 wires
- Hand-held thermometers
- Body temperature measurement
- Movement detection