The Siretta industrial modem solutions are a family of cellular enabled modems which have been designed to an industrial specification to allow an easy connection for remote devices over the internet. The family of products supports a standard set of features including a wide range and robust power supply, RS232 and USB serial connectivity and extended temperature spec as standard.
Each member of the family supports an embedded TCP/IP stack for simple network connectivity and an enhanced set of AT commands to support many advanced features such as FTP, email, SMS, CSD, direct socket connections and over the air software updates. As a result the units are designed to be used as a direct replacement for existing equipment and can be easily setup with the correct commands to operate out-of-the-box.
The industrial modem family can be configured to detect the cellular network provider, signal strength and can perform a complete network survey to establish the optimum network for the location.
The power supply has been designed to cope with difficult operating environments such as wide voltage spikes seen with an engine cranking and also extremes of operation at low and high voltage operation. With the latest application developments there is a requirement for solutions to run on a much lower power budget and as a result Siretta has designed a family of extremely low power products. These products encompass an intelligent power management solution to shut down power to any non essential components and reduce consumption to an absolute minimum. When running the cellular engine in its lowest power state these devices can operate at less than 1mA whilst remaining connected to the cellular network. This means that they are always online and available to respond to incoming socket connections whilst drawing substantially lower power than existing solutions.
The Siretta industrial modem family also support eSIM profiles to allow multiple SIM profiles to be stored within the cellular engine. This allows users to specify in real time which network they want to connect to and enables a global connectivity platform to take advantage of different pricing structures around the globe. Profiles can also be downloaded in to the unit once they have been shipped in to the field which means that there is no longer a need for an engineering visit.
The Siretta industrial modem solutions can be connected to most existing applications and remote equipment in the field can be configured to control and remotely access online resources with the minimal amount of effort using the serial interface and a standard set of AT commands.
- Reduced risk of deployment with tried and tested reliable industrial solution
- Quickly develop into your application to provide internet access to remote equipment
- Increase response times and equipment reliability without adding any complicated system infrastructure
- Multiple device options allow for a single footprint and form factor solution to provide end equipment with all connectivity options
- Cost savings and improvements in efficiency by reducing costly engineer callouts, improved reporting on entire estate and monitor high usage areas to provide better maintnenance
- Simple to interface to existing equipment using the cellular network and serial interface
- System agnostic design supports any type of equipment or operating system
- Automatically detect network and perform network scan
- Low power solutions for sensitive power budget applications
Modem Application Example
Common application areas include:
- Internet enable remote equipment in the field
- Remotely access information from your estate
- Allow legacy equipment to become data enabled
- Remote software updates to remote devices
- Add cellular connectivity with minimal development work
- Control and monitoring of remote equipment
- Burglar Alarm / Fire Alarm / PIR Alarm remote access
- GPRS keep alive with multiple options
- Optional automatic reboot timer
- Embedded TCP/IP software stack
- Pre-configured eSIM enabled solution
- Remote FOTA updates
- 2G / GPRS for low cost legacy connectivity
- 3G / UMTS for intermediate connectivity
- Fast 4G / LTE performance for high speed internet access
- LTE Cat M / NB IoT for next generation LTE connectivity
|LTE Cat M|
LTE NB IoT
|ZETA-NLP-LTE1||EU||●||●||●||●||●||-40° - 85°C|
|ZETA-NSP-LTE1||EU||●||●||●||●||●||●||-40° - 85°C|
|ZETA-NEP-LTE4||EU||●||●||●||●||●||●||-40° - 85°C|
|ZETA-GEP-LTE4||EU||●||●||●||●||●||-40° - 85°C|
|ZETA-NLP-LTEM||Global||●||●||●||●||●||-40° - 85°C|
|ZETA-NEP-LTEM||Global||●||●||●||●||●||-40° - 85°C|
|Global||●||●||●||●||●||●||-40° - 85°C|
|EU||●||●||●||●||●||●||-40° - 85°C|
linkCONNECT - Intelligent Management Solution
Siretta industrial managed modem solutions are intelligent modems which have been designed to connect remote equipment over a TCP/IP connection to a central location. Very little knowledge is required to setup the modem and configure the Siretta linkCONNECT solution. The unit can be setup to operate out-of-the-box and configured remotely via SMS once in the field or alternatively it can be pre-configured before deployment via a serial configuration tool.
The configuration of the managed modem solutions is controlled by the user simply using command SMS messages sent from a standard mobile phone. Alternatively when configuring large volumes of units there is a configuration tool which configures the unit over RS232 serial and can be replicated very quickly to aid the production programming. The configuration can be saved to a ‘.gtc’ file which can be deployed and re-used in multiple locations and production environments.
- Automatic network detection and setup
- Automatic APN setup (standard on UK networks)
- Remote SMS configuration
- Cellular and GPRS keepalive with mulitple options
- Configurable automatic reboot timer
- Configurable connection timeout
- CSD backup for GPRS failure