Simple Ethernet Connections
WIZnet is a fabless IT company that provides Internet processors for the IoT. WIZnet is the sole innovator to patent the hardwired TCP/IP technology into a microprocessor chip in 2001. Since then, a yearly average of 10 million WIZnet chips have been used in various embedded Internet devices worldwide.
Since establishing a loyal brand image with customers, WIZnet cooperates with 70 distributors worldwide with branch offices in USA, China, and Germany for competitive project marketing and faster technical support. WIZnet is the trend leader of Open Source Hardware. Our unique solution, Hardwired TCP/IP technology, in Arduino’s Ethernet Shield has been recognized as de facto standard for IoT. (Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. WIZnet’ chip and module are being used in the Arduino’s Ethernet Shield, and adopted in its clones.)
Our latest IOP (Internet Offload Processor), W7500, is in part of large IoT ecosystem : ARM-mbed.
- WIZnet core technology, ‘TCP/IP Offload Platform’ is ASSP and silicon-proven IP for custom ASIC, which best fits OS-less device and is compatible with any Embedded OS. Also, its fully hardwired TCP/IP algorithm guarantees line speed by on-the-fly processing architecture that is independent of main processor. Moreover, it eliminated main processor’s overhead by offloading TCP/IP processing and hence enhances overall system performance especially in multimedia streaming applications.
- WIZnet hardwired TCP/IP chip has been adopted worldwide both in OS-less devices (esp. DVR, Remote Control) and OS-based (esp. STB, DTV). It provides higher performance and stability than any software internet connectivity solution.
- ioffload(TCP/IP Offload) platform is a silicon-proven IP for SoC and implemented in ASSP, which is compatible with any embedded OS and best fits for OS-less devices.
- Its fully hardwired TCP/IP algorithm guarantees line speed by on-the-fly processing architecture independent of host CPU.
- By offloading internet tasks from a host CPU, it makes system more simple and stable, and enhances overall system performance especially in multimedia streaming applications.
- WIZnet is a private fabless semiconductor company, founded on 1998 in Korea.Main Product is an Internet Processor, iMCU™, which is specialized by TOE (TCP/IP Offload Engine) technologybased on an unique patented Fully Hardwired TCP/IP. iMCU™ market is Embedded Internet Devices in a wide variety of applications, which is also segmented locally and regionally.
- WIZnet set two missions: Glocalization and Open Hardware Platform. Glocalization is for customized technical support to loyal customers. Open Hardware Platform is to become a market-leading standard of Internet Processor in a new ecosystem of electronics industry.